このトピックには0件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。6 日、 6 時間前に Carla Buccino さんが最後の更新を行いました。
- 2020-11-22 12:38 #12088
by Vivek Shanbhag, Srinath Perur
- Characters: Vincent ,Malati, Chikkappa, Anita
- Genres: fiction, india, contemporary, adult, novella, family, asia
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780143111689 (014311168X)
- Format: paperback, 118 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books
- Author: Vivek Shanbhag, Srinath Perur
- Release date: February 7, 2017
- Awards: BTBA Best Translated Book Award Nominee for Fiction Longlist (2018), Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Fiction (2017)
About The Book
A young man’s close-knit family is nearly destitute when his uncle founds a successful spice company, changing their fortunes overnight. As they move from a cramped, ant-infested shack to a larger house on the other side of Bangalore, and try to adjust to a new way of life, the family dynamic begins to shift. Allegiances realign; marriages are arranged and begin to falter; and conflict brews ominously in the background. Things become “ghachar ghochar” — a nonsense phrase uttered by one meaning something tangled beyond repair, a knot that can’t be untied.
Elegantly written and punctuated by moments of unexpected warmth and humor, Ghachar Ghochar is a quietly enthralling, deeply unsettling novel about the shifting meanings — and consequences — of financial gain in contemporary India.
MP3 Ghachar Ghochar Vivek Shanbhag buy on Powells. EPUB book Ghachar Ghochar read on iPhone. Hardcover ebook Ghachar Ghochar by Vivek Shanbhag on Book Depository. Hardback book Ghachar Ghochar download for PocketBook.